13 January, 2015
Real quick, just want to give a shout out to Slayerjet, Jimpsi, MKL2x, uni_xox, FabCandy and CactEyez for making the wonderful spawn and shop area, as well as to Panda_Pops, RappingPizzaMan9, i_am_Dylan and Luna_Lepus as well as the others for helping test the gamemode, many thanks guys!
And with that...
Today marks the official release of Heights, though for some of you, this doesn’t mean much as you don’t really know what it is, and to the rest who do, we didn’t give much info. So, let’s clear everything up!
Heights is the Wabbitface version of the popular skyblock genre of minecraft, where you live on a floating island for the duration of the map. You begin with minimal items, namely a tree, a cobblestone generator and some land. From here, it is up to you on what you do with your island.
Now, as we have stated already, we will of course help you out as much as we can, despite our efforts to also be devil reincarnate and make the gamemode more difficult. So, here are all the specifics of our version of skyblock:
- Challenges, which allow for a sense of aim for those who might feel lost, they also provide some minor rewards like items you might not be able to get otherwise, exp and money (more on money in a second).
- Magic Cobblestone Generators, which allow you to get more than just cobblestone. That’s right, by setting up a generator, you can start by making cobble, but eventually generate some ores and other materials.
- Teams, once again you can invite friends, however we have put a significantly lower cap this time around. You are only allowed to have three people on one island. (Teammates can do challenges separately)
- Island Levels, allowing for cobblestone generators to work, your island can increase in level the more blocks you add to it. This does force you to ditch the minimalist approach, but hey, how else are you gonna fill up your 512*512 area?
- Economy, allowing you to farm your way to more glamorous building blocks for those who want to build their beautiful sky mansions, this allows you to do that.
- Custom Crafting, yes we have opted for a custom crafting system, which though some might not always enjoy, does at least allow you to make some end game gear like elytra, tridents and other items you might not be able to make otherwise on a magical floating island in an infinite void (sounds lonely but hey you want it)
There will be a variety of each of the mentioned items added as time goes on (yes, not all of them will be available to start out) but we do not stop there, we will be adding some other sneaky features in the future, so keep an eye out for when we add those.
So, now you know what roughly to expect, see you on the server .o/
Most Users Ever Online: 195
Currently Browsing this Page:
Khoa Dao: 336
Guest Posters: 75
Newest Members:xan_immac, OJ_King, FrontierG411, mack tomson, teapotshark, BeePapa, cavanrm, The_Trans_Gaymer, Whalesuit, Deluxe_Darling
Moderators: More Testing! Huzzah!: 0, PandaPops74: 91, Slayerjet: 4, Brookster06: 3, Rapping Pizza Man: 3, FieryAutumn_Fox: 0, i_am_Dylan: 2, JumperSnipera: 93, Vanile: 9, GrayYoshi: 15, dlbuunk: 72, Luna_Lepus: 2, uni_xox: 0, FabCandy: 2, CactEyez: 0, ZombieKilla8181: 0, DiamondTrident: 3, WabTest: 0
Administrators: Hidee: 313, Ben: 1030, Wabbitface: 283, aHumbleTree: 9, Flare: 320, Mai: 204